These are some things I wish I knew when I started to deal with panic attacks and depression. Hopefully this helps you.
- You are not alone. This may sound obvious, but it really isn’t. I often feel alone in so many different ways. I used to feel like no one understood what I was going through, that no one else could possibly be going through the same thing as me, and that no one cared either.
- Things will get better. It doesn't seem like it will ever get better while you're dealing with a panic attack, but these difficult feelings will always go away. You will eventually end up feeling better. Overcoming depression is a not easy, but you should know that you will some day.
- You have to find things to do that will make you happy, even if they are small.
- You're family loves you and cares about you, even if it doesn't always seem like it. I constantly felt alone and that no one cared about me, especially my mom I didn’t feel the substantial love that most people should feel from their mother. The reality was: even if I didn't feel that she cared for me, it was just my depression making me think that she didn’t.
- You'll make great friendships. I seriously used to have no friends who understood what I was going through. They were often not kind to me as a result. But you will soon find that people like this don’t deserve to be in your life. And you will eventually connect with people who are understanding of your situation and deserve to be a part of your life.