I know a lot of people don’t read books anymore unless they have to or they are taking a flight somewhere and need a distraction. I, however, still love reading books. Not books that are on a Kindle, but books with pages I can physically turn.
- Breakfast at Tiffany’s This is a book based off of the famous Audrey Hepburn movie, which i love and I am always excited to watch. The movie makes me excited to read the book. This book is actually quite short but some of the copies come with other short stories by the author.
- I’d Rather We Got Casinos and Other Black Thoughts This book, written by Larry Wilmore (who by the way is a super funny guy), is a good read whenever I’m looking for a laugh. The book talks about topics in the black community in a funny way.
- Valley of the Dolls Ah yes, another book based off of a classic film. I’ve already read this book but it’s so good I can’t wait to read it again. It’s about three girls who try to make it in New York. The book is very different from the movie, so if you’ve already seen the movie I’d recommend the book.
- The Empress of Fashion This book is about the legendary Vogue and Harper’s Bazaar editor Diana Vreeland. I previously watched a movie about her called The Eye Has to Travel which was amazing and showed how eccentric of a women she can be. Which is what excited me to read this book about her.
- It This book by Alexa Chung gives me major inspiration for everything. With her new fashion line coming out soon, it’s the perfect time to reread her book and get more inspiration for how I’m going to wear the clothes from the line.
- Anna Karenina This book is a classic, it focuses on a Russian socialite. While, yes, this book is lengthy and might not be everyone’s cup of coffee; I’m still really excited to read it. What is really funny is, while I want to read this over the summer, my younger brother is also really excited to read the author’s other book War and Peace. I might just have to borrow after him.
- Luella’s Guide To English Style I happened to find this book on one of my trips to Book Marc, Marc Jacob’s book store which I would definitely recommend anyone to visit. It’s about English style. English women, when it comes to style, are a totally different breed their own. Even though I’m not English, I’m still excited to read another fashion book. I’ll admit it: I’m an addict.